Monday, March 22, 2010

First Day

Let me first start off by saying that I am EXHAUSTED! Today I have decided to start my official weightloss journey. I have lost and gained, and lost and gained over and over since high school, and it is time to grow up and either lose it for good, or continue being semi-happy with my life and how I look living it. This is my way of being accountable for my actions and hopefully it will be a rewarding experience by trying to share my struggles and successes as well as learning from other bloggers! I think it could be fun! :) Last year I started my senior year of college and didn't realize how heavy I had truly gotten until I went through and looked at some tagged pictures of myself on facebook. I was embarassed by how big I had gotten and realized I needed to do something. I joined weight watchers and loved it. I lost a little over 20 pounds between the time I started (Feb) and the time I had to sadly leave (Aug). I was pleased by the progress, but because I had yet to find a job since I had graduated in May, funds were low so I had to stop going to meetings. So now, I work full-time as a pharmacy tech and I am a Grad student trying to get my Masters. I am over-worked, under-paid, and I have more stressors than I know what to do with, and even so I know that these cannot continue being excuses for me not to continue trying to lose weight. So...here I am..

Today I woke up around 9am and weighed myself for the first time in about a month. To my suprize I have only gained back about 6 pounds, and some I am sure is due to it being that time of the month. :/ My first goal is to lose 5 pounds by April 1st and then losing 10 pounds a month from April to January. I have decided since I liked WW so much, that I would use all the tools and do it myself and use my blogs as sort of mini-meetings. I also want to use this blog as a way of me posting recipes I come up with and find (i love to cook!) and list the foods I eat and the exercises I find helpful. Hopefully I will try and write everyday, but with my course load it might be hard to attain.

Today menu went as followed:

Breakfast: 1 cup multi-grain cheerios and 1/2c skim milk

snacks: one starbucks frap, greek yogurt, 1 grapefruit, ten baby carrots

Lunch: homemade cabbage soup and a sandwhich

Dinner: Salmon, steamed asparagus, and a small portion of red roasted potatoes

LOTS OF WATER!


Unfortunetly I didn't get a chance to workout, but that will change tommorrow. :) I have Jillian's 30day Shred and I'm excited to see how it works. I hope it kicks my ass! Well, I am going to bed. Hope everyone had a healthy happy day. :)

1 comment:

  1. Blogging is an awesome way to keep yourself accountable, you're gonna love it!! I'm currently getting my MSW and I'm hoping to become an LCSW soon. And my fiance just got his pharmacy tech certification and now wants to go to pharmacy school - sounds like we have lots in common.

    I'm excited to follow your journey!!

    ReplyDelete